Thursday, February 7

happie cny?

Gong Xi Fa Cai~~!! Xing Nian Kuai Le~~! happiiee CNY to everyy1~
hrmss..the ushering of a prosperous new year is supposed to be a joyous event shared by our family. this is my second time spending CNY in melbourne and its reaallyy...well...different=] no cheesyy annoying chinese new year songs on the radio, no extremely noisy firecrackers to shatter our most vivid of dreams, no embarassing fumbling with my terrible mandarin trying to communicate with my dad's relatives, no gross bugs and unbearable heatwave to battle with during our stay in the kampung..lolzz..nope, i dun miss it...but what i do miss is the incredibly yummmyy Yee Sang and my grandmother's pineapple jam tarts ::mouth waters::, and our crazy 'cincai' mahjong sessions at Uncle Chong's house, my midnite ghost story and catch-up sessions with my favourite cousins, and my goshh...ang pows, of course..lolz!! i even enjoy the road trip back to Batu Pahat and Muar sometimes..~
but this year, is the year that i know i didnt miss anything...
this year, on the fifth year of my paternal grandmother's passing away, my mum and three sisters decided not to go back to Muar or Batu Pahat for CNY...they decided to stay at home this year instead.
ironically, im here. my dad is in Muar and my mum and three sisters are back home...sighs.

i hope that my dad drives back safely from Muar on Saturday.
i hope that my mum and sisters are safe alone at home this Chinese New Year.
i wished that there is more i could do than just hope.

No comments: